Job DescriptionDo you love IT and love fixing things? Do you have a desire to become an IT engineer? Want to learn everything on the job whilst being paid for it? Apply for this position today!
Cloudy IT are looking for an IT minded individual with the ambition to learn new skills and gain on the job experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a technical team, providing specialist IT support to a wide range of clients in and around the Buckingham and the Home counties area. You will have use of the Cloudy IT company car.
Duties will include
- Visiting customer sites for support as required (Full, clean license essential) Company vehicle available to use for this.
- Log support cases, escalating as required
- Install PC’s and other equipment and software
- Set up email and user accounts
- Help Desk – Manage ticket system
- General IT support and maintenance
- It is important that you have a keen interest in computer repairs and hardware.
Working WeekMonday-Friday 9am-5pm 37.5 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent interpersonal skills, both face-to-face and on the telephone with the ability to speak to clients at all levels
• Excellent time keeping
• Well organised with the ability to work alone or as part of a team and the willingness to learn on the job
• Able to effectively organise and prioritise all tasks and responsibilities with support from the IT Manager
Personal Qualities• Positive and motivated
• A can do attitude with a demonstrable passion for technology
• Willing to learn new things
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 IT apprenticeship. Possible permanent position.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)