Job DescriptionAre you a tech savvy individual with a forward-thinking mindset and possess an underlining passion for IT?If so read on, as an IT Specialist based in Derby is looking to source an individual to join their team!
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual to join their team as an IT Support Apprentice.
Typical daily roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- To Answer the phone to customers and deal with queries that are I.T. or sales related
- Provide technical support to clients with regards to hardware, software and other IT related issues
- Use Remote Access to take control of client machines to check connectivity, re-install hardware drivers etc
- Setting up networks between computers and peripherals
- Maintaining Server hardware and software
- Maintaining workstations’ hardware and software
- Maintaining printers, photo copiers, and many other peripherals
Our client would preferably like a candidate who could drive, however if the candidate is learning or shows a desire to drive, this would also be acceptable.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Some prior Knowledge of IT hardware, software and networks is desired
• Strong communication skills both written & verbal is essential
• A full/clean drivers licence is essential
• BTEC Level 3 Double Award in IT
Personal Qualities• Flexible & adaptable – you will work with a whole range of clients with different requirements
• Thick skinned – A client may become irate that there systems are down – it is crucial that you don’t get flustered
• Hardworking and reliable
Future ProspectsThe possibility to move onto a level 4 programme or secure a full time role will be available for the appropriate candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)