Job DescriptionAssisting in the daily running of computer systems for two companies as well as any data input work as required.
The candidate will be required to learn all software and systems operated within the companies including generic (Microsoft Office) and industry specifics (Stirling, Alliance, Vigo) and the transfer of data between all systems (data import/exports).
- To assist in producing training manuals, training of new staff and supporting existing staff in the use of company systems.
- Data entry, backup alerts/monitoring
- remote desktop and server support
- network integration
- general office duties
- responding to emails
- solving basic hardware problems
- resolve internet access problems
- onsite support and out of hours telephone support
- Possible project work in updating and improving the use of IT within the company.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Computer skills.
Personal Qualities• Accuracy
• Team player
• Interest in IT
Future ProspectsLong-term career progressing to team leader and management capability as quickly as possible. The company will support with further progression for IT and management qualifications
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)