Job DescriptionBrilliant opportunity to become a member of a team of Service Desk Agents providing a customer sensitive, responsive support, fault resolution and advice service, which ensures the maximum availability, performance and utilisation of information systems.
• To deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone and e-mail.
• Offering advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and ensuring desk standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
• Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
• Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables.
• To improve users confidence in the use of computer software, being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
• Provide information in line with knowledge base to assist the second line support team when contacts are unreasonable.
• You will manage tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs.
• Work within defined deadlines as part of a team and on an individual basis ensuring assigned work is effectively managed.
• Adherence of all Manpower policies and procedures in the employee handbook and other site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: absence reporting and dignity at work.
• Adherence of all HP policies and procedures which are relevant to contingent workers such as security training and site health & safety.
• Any other relevant/related tasks as required by the needs of the business.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Professional attitude and good telephone manner
• Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads
• Customer focused
• Good level of numeracy and literacy
• Broad knowledge of IT
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft software packages
Good working attitude
Future ProspectsProgression is available for the right candidate.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L4 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles