Job DescriptionAre you keen to kick-start your career within IT? Do you want the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals who will be on hand to provide you with all the necessary support you need throughout your apprenticeship.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for one lucky individual to kickstart their career within IT. Long Road Sixth Form are currently on the lookout for a keen, motivated and hardworking person to join their team as the IT services team.
This is a great chance for the right applicant to gain the experience they need to really make a name for themselves within the IT sector.
The successful applicant will undertake the following duties:
- To configure and install new equipment and software.
- To ensure the computer and network hardware and software and any equipment that falls
- under the remit of IT Services is operational and working at optimum efficiency; with
- particular responsibility for maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all deployed facilities.
- To provide computer hardware and software support, and provide guidance to staff and
- students in the use of equipment.
- To maintain records of all hardware and software licence agreements, ensuring software
- legality, and to use the appropriate documentation systems.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant technologies and their application in an
- education context.
- To ensure all incidents and requests are logged in the appropriate systems.
- To communicate the status of logged calls with appropriate responses as per the agreed
- policies and procedures.
- To report any misuse of equipment or systems to the IT Services Manager.
- To contribute to self-assessment and review activities
- To take part in the College’s Performance Review and Development Scheme (PRD)
- To be responsible for health and safety within areas of own responsibility
- To contribute to the college responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
- young people
- To observe the college’s commitment to equal opportunities
You will have all of the support you need throughout your apprenticeship.
If you think this is the opportunity for you then do not hesitate to hit that apply button now!
Working WeekWhich equates to Mon-Thursday 8.30 – 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am – 4pm ½ for Lunch on each day
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- IT Literate
- MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the hardware of a computer
Future ProspectsUpon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship, the apprentice will have the chance to progress on to the Level 4. There is also the potential to gain a permanent position within the business.
Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)