Job DescriptionWant a career in IT? An exciting opportunity exists within our fast growing IT Services function. We’re looking for someone with passion for “going the extra mile” & genuinely loving what you do. In exchange, we’ll make sure you stay at the top of your game with excellent training and attractive benefits.
The IT department is driven by exceptional service in not only delivery, but also in the support that we provide to our internal and retailer user base. Customer satisfaction is a key driver and a fundamental measure of success in our abilities to provide a great service.
The role itself offers an insight into the 4 key teams that make up IT Services. As your time at Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) evolves, you will gain an understanding of each of the individual teams:
Small Change: SAP Development, Web Development, Local Business Application Development, BI Development & Software Testing:
- Comprised of dedicated resources who can design, build and test IT changes into business as usual
- Work closely with IT Support team for the investigation and resolution of Problems
- Provide third line application support services
IT Support: Service Desk, User Management, Application Support, Desktop Support & Major Incident Management:
- User Access Provisioning through dedicated team
- Service Request Management
- Incident Management through dedicated Incident Manager who also coordinates escalation and Major Incident Management
IT Service Delivery: Release and Deployment, Change, Configuration and Asset, Problem and Service Improvement, IT Service Continuity, IT Service Integration:
- Responsible for the release and change management of all IT changes and the planning and design of new IT services/changes to existing IT services
- Manage environment usage and scheduling
- Develop environment data refresh strategy and implementation plans
• Manages the transition of IT change to IT operations, through ‘Acceptance into Service’ process
Working WeekMonday-Friday 9am-5pm 37.5 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsWe understand that you are at the beginning of your career journey, and we are committed to working with you to develop your skills and build on your experience. To be successful in this role you will need to be:
• Comfortable working within a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining individual ownership for your tasks.
• You will have an interest in ICT, and have a good working knowledge of using PCs and MS Office products.
• You will be resolving people's IT issues so verbal and written communication skills will be vital.
• Your solid problem solving skills and eye for detail will mean you can identify the reason for problems and resolve them quickly. Teamwork is important to us, so you will be someone who openly shares ideas and suggests new ways of working to improve efficiency.
We appreciate this may be a daunting experience so you will have lots of support and training to really help you settle into your new career.
Personal QualitiesWe are passionate about living our spirit at VWFS, so to be successful in this role you will be:
• A highly motivated individual who is keen to learn new skills and put them into practice.
• You will need to be flexible and show a willingness to learn and absorb new processes, whilst often using your own initiative. We are a really busy department, so you will be at your best when working at pace.
• Every moment counts, so you will enjoy communicating in the most effective way possible, and get a buzz out of being really efficient in how you organise your workload.
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 IT apprenticeship. Possible permanent position.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)