Job DescriptionSo you want to get into IT? This apprenticeship will help you understand all there is to know about the world of Software and IT. If you like to talk and to help others then come and join the team.
Blue Alligator are looking for an IT Software Apprentice to join their team. Some of the roles you will be undertaking are:
• Assist with the helpdesk where customers are experiencing problems with their solution software
• Diagnose and repair if possible using remote login Software
• Escalate 2nd or 3rd line support
• Talking to the customer and managing support call • Confident in dealing with people of all levels and be responsible for answering phones, logging calls and providing updates to Users
• Use helpdesk software as appropriate
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Interest/experience in fault finding/troubleshooting
• Preferably some experience in installing hardware
• Able to support others with basic IT issues.
• Strong customer service skills.
Personal Qualities• Friendly and positive.
• Independent, but also able to work well in a team.
• Fast learner
Future ProspectsProgression and support to Level 4 IT qualification. Long term career prospect. Increase in pay once proven your ability
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)