Job DescriptionThis apprentice has a massive opportunity to join a well-respected and growing business. The role will be for a junior IT technician, working at the office and at clients’ businesses around North Staffs and South Cheshire.
We are a outsourced IT solutions company so at our core we manage all aspects of our clients IT, from internal network, data backup to printers / mobile devices, etc. The following will be required but training will be provided.
• Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
• Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
• Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Analytical skills, the ability to think first and then act
- Confidence to regularly visit clients
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- Excellent telephone manner
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong communicative skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Future ProspectsPotential for the successful applicant to have a full-time, permanent role within the business with discussion around progression onto a Level 4 qualification.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).