Job DescriptionAre you a highly talented budding IT apprentice? Do you have a proven a passion for IT along with excellent problem solving and analytical skills? If you do, you could be our client’s next new talent.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly talented individual who is eager to start their IT career. The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in how systems operate and integrate together and demonstrate an analytical approach to seek out areas that could present problems. Working in the National IT Department at Aldi’s headquarters within IT stores the main role will include:
• Answering calls coming into National IT department and acting as First Line Support
• Writing emails to internal customers of all levels
• Updating tickets information on the computer system
• Getting involved with difference phases in an IT project such as testing, etc.
• Ensuring compliance with IT polices when using all IT systems and equipment.
• Getting involved in the running of patch testing each month
• Carrying out occasional software installation and upgrades as necessary
• Diagnosing faults and understanding the problem and resolution.
• Actively work on ticket/issues that come in from Store Operations and Regional users. Again understanding the problem and resolution.
Working WeekMonday – Friday – 8.30 am – 4.30 pm (Flexibility needed). 40 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- IT skills
- Ideally a full driving licence to enable the apprentice to travel to multi sites
- First class customer service skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven passion for IT and how they work
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Future ProspectsTo progress on to the level 4 apprenticeship programme and to continue to work your way up within the IT department. A clear progression plan is in place following completion of level 3 and 4.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).