Job DescriptionWe are seeking a keen and enthusiastic IT apprentice to join our busy service desk where you will be exposed to the latest technology and cloud computing products.
|The role will involve working within a service desk team fielding a wide variety of calls, working to the best of the individual’s ability to resolve issues, and working with senior members of the team where required to ensure a prompt and effective resolution. The ideal candidate would be someone with a keen interest in IT and computing who can demonstrate some understanding of basic IT principles, and is keen to develop their knowledge and understanding further. Good communication skills and the ability to interact with clients effectively and professionally are essential.
Duties will include:
• Answering first line support calls and logging into ticketing system.
• Responding to support calls within strict SLAs and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshooting issues in the first instance to ensure prompt resolution.
• Escalating tickets and working with senior team members to resolve issues.
This position would be an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking their first role within the IT sector, and the opportunity to work for a leading cloud services provider.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm or 9am – 5pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of IT and networking principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users.
- Ability to use initiative to troubleshoot and reach ticket resolutions.
- Ability to keep accurate records and record information into ticketing system.
Future ProspectsA full time role may be available or progression to level 4 on successful completion of level 3.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)