Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a leading IT Support company and learn from experienced technicians.
We are on the lookout for a new IT Technician to provide 1st Line Support to their clients. There are a lot of projects going on in the business and it’s a small team so everyone gets involved to varying degrees.
We are looking for someone who is an enthusiastic engineer that is keen to learn. As part of this you will be:
- The first point of contact for enquires, web and phone.
- Building new machines, including hardware/software installations
- Desktop support of basic issues
- Being the first point of contact for support matters
- Manage service tickets on the internal system.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Desired SkillsComputer literate, customer service, Experience of Microsoft Office
Candidates will need a driving license as they may be required to attend client’s sites as part of the role.
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude, enthusiastic, love of technology.
Future ProspectsPossible Progression onto Level 4, full time opportunity.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)