Job DescriptionAre you excited by a career in IT and willing to learn?Want to learn specialist skills which will propel you into a career in IT?Real Telekom are looking for a motivated and passionate IT Support apprentice to support their rapidly expanding networks as the company continues to grow.
|Since 2002 we have been expanding rapidly and due to business growth, we are excited to be recruiting an apprentice to become part of our telecom team. As a valued member of our team, you will receive comprehensive training and ongoing coaching form experienced engineers to help you learn all the skills required to excel in IT. This diverse role will keep you busy, learning new skills and providing excellent customer services.|
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
• You will be able to work with and learn from our IT engineers who are all specialist in fields like WAN, LAN, Servers, Soft switches, Networks and Clouds.
• You will gain unique insight into international Tele companies and how they operate.
• You will get hands on experience with our IT experts in managing networks and analysing data.
• We are looking for apprentices who have the aspirations to learn, work hard and are team players.
• We do offer permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship period for suitable candidates.
We are looking for someone who understands the basics of IT and is keen to learn more. In that we want someone who is looking to grow and develop with the business.
You need to have an interest in IT, be keen to hit targets and ensure a proactive and diligent approach to your work. You need to understand the basics of IT functions, the value of customer service and enjoy working as part of a team.
We’re a small team with lots of energy so you need to be good at taking the initiative and getting on with it. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of training!
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsExcellent written and oral communication skills.
Personal QualitiesAbility to apply a logical, methodical approach to problem identification and resolution.
Ability to work as part of a team.
A willingness to be co-operative and have good self-motivation.
Flexible and a willingness to learn
Future ProspectsFull time permanent position based on passing the apprenticeship, with a potential earning of 25-30K
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)