Job DescriptionAre you a “Techie” looking for a job that embraces your “inner geek”? Does working on multiple servers excite you? You can have the opportunity to complete a whole server refresh, work on Cloud, Card systems and Apple devices as well as PC’s.
This fast developing IT employer knows how important service is, which is why they offer robust ICT solutions that provide better availability, improved efficiency and offer flexible, scalable systems that meet the specific needs of their clients. They also provide a range of managed services and support options. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to appoint an eager, driven and passionate IT support services apprentice based on site at school 21. The successful apprentice will be based with a full time fully qualified IT mentor and be responsible for the general IT support for the school.
Main responsibilities include:
- Logging customer/ employee support queries
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Escalate issues as required
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Supporting the roll out of new applications
- Setting up new users accounts and profiles and dealing with passwords
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Establish good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Support the delivery of IT Projects
- Support the development of solutions and services
Opportunity to work on a whole server refresh over the Christmas break and February half term.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsGood customer service, attention to details, excellent trouble shooting skills, prior IT support knowledge or understanding ideal. To have a general understanding of servers, networking and cisco is desired.
Personal QualitiesApproachable, enthusiastic about IT, confidant and positive outlook needed. Motivated and ambitious.
Future ProspectsFull time position on offer for the successful candidate with the option to progress onto Level 4 in their 2nd year. Extra training and courses possible for the right person.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)