Job DescriptionAre you interested in an IT role? Want a career as an IT apprentice? Look no further we are looking to recruit an IT apprentice, Interested? We are a well-established company and we are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice in our Dudley office. You will be working in a IT Helpdesk department. Interested? Apply now!
An expanding, innovative software house with global growth plans based in the West Midlands, with a satellite office in Slough, is looking for a talented apprentice application support consultant to join a collaborative, friendly team supporting market leading SaaS based enterprise applications.
Full training to be provided to the successful candidate, with the expectation that the candidate will learn Innovise products and processes and become a successful application support consultant. The successful candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn and the drive and determination to be successful within the IT support industry whilst continuing to operate in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working in a modern office with great facilities for work and rest. As part of a highly motivated team you will have the opportunity for continuous learning through team collaboration and buddy working. In addition, access is provided to training resources and third party courses as appropriate.
The Support team are the primary interface with our clients when they have technical issues affecting their ability to use our products.
Delivery of a consistently high quality support service which exceeds client expectations is critical to the overall success of the business.
The key purpose of the role is to:
• to be the initial point of contact for technical issues to the Innovise customers
• deliver a professional and technically expert support service to our clients
• work as an effective member of the support team and contribute positively to departmental objectives
• seek to identify improvement opportunities that will enhance our support offer-ing
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
• develop technical skills to be able to support Innovise software products
• develop excellent customer service skills to provide an expert support service
• attend Innovise training sessions and pass technical competence product tests
• striving to deliver continuous improvement in our support service
• striving to exceed client expectations in all interactions
• take ownership of technical issues by asking the relevant questions and record-ing details correctly in our CRM helpdesk system
• maintaining the highest professional standards at all times
• making a positive contribution to, and being a productive member of the Inno-vise software support team
• maintaining personal skills currency to ensure the ability to support new prod-uct features when released
• ensuring clear and effective communication both to clients and within the busi-ness
• following defined process when handling client issues
• handling an appropriate volume of work that both supports the team goals and satisfies personal objectives
• carrying out planned change and upgrade activities
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Ability to communicate
- • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- • A highly motivated self-starter, able to work on own initiative
- • Ability to work under pressure
- • Computer literate
- Quick learner
- Positive attitude
Future ProspectsPotentially full time position, progression to level 4
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)