Job DescriptionAre you interested in hardware? Want a career as a Technician? Look no further we are looking to recruit a technical support apprentice to assist with PC issues,. Interested? Apply now!
Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
Perform remote / onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions
Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
Receive and respond to helpdesk requests, incoming calls and e-mails regarding desktop, server and cloud related services problems.
Create new starters accounts, PC builds, software installations
Knowledge & Experience:
- Technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Willing to learn
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• IT Literate
• Knowledge on Components of a PC
Personal Qualities• Committed
• Quick Learner
Future ProspectsPossible Perm Role
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)