Job DescriptionDo you enjoy finding out how computers work and fixing IT issues at home in your spare time? Are you a friendly person with excellent communication skills who enjoys helping people and ensuring a high standard of customer service?
This will be a varied role and include:
- Providing telephone support to customer of all ages and levels to assist with fixing IT issues
- Assisting IT engineers on site which include attending customer premises to help fix IT issues
- Working in the computer shop
- Assisting customers with their face to face enquiries in the shop
- Logging all calls on the computer system
- Sending emails
- Answering the telephone
- Providing a high standard of customer service at all times
- Repairing computers in the workshop
The ideal apprentice will be patient, polite, confident and able to provide a high standard of customer service. You must have a keen interest in IT, ideally have repaired issues at home and be keen to learn more.
Working Week3 week days per week from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Fridays 9.00 am – 12.00 pm and Saturdays 9.00 am – 3.00 pm. Total of 32 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Computer Literate
• Customer Service
Personal Qualities• Keen Interest In IT
• Excellent Communicator
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)