Job DescriptionAre you looking for an IT technician apprenticeship that will give variety, training and career prospects? Do you enjoy finding out how computers work and fixing IT issues at home in your spare time? Are you a friendly person with excellent communication skills who enjoys helping people and ensuring a high standard of customer service?
This will be a varied role and include:
- Providing telephone support to customer of all ages and levels to assist with fixing IT issues
- Assisting IT engineers on site which include attending customer premises to help fix IT issues
- Working in the computer shop
- Assisting customers with their face to face enquiries in the shop
- Logging all calls on the computer system
- Sending emails
- Answering the telephone
- Providing a high standard of customer service at all times
- Repairing computers in the workshop
The ideal apprentice will be patient, polite, confident and able to provide a high standard of customer service. You must have a keen interest in IT, ideally have repaired issues at home and be keen to learn more.
Working Week3 week days per week from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, Fridays 9.00 am – 12.00 pm and Saturdays 9.00 am – 3.00 pm. Total of 32 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsComputer literate, customer service
Personal QualitiesKeen interest in IT, positive, polite, enthusiastic, motivated, confident and excellent communicator.
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the team.
• City & Guilds Higher Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L4 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L4 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Digital Network Resilience (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Environment for IT (Knowledge Module 3)
• CompTIA Network plus (N10-006) Exam (Proxy Vendor Certification for Knowledge Module 1)