Job DescriptionAre you an IT wizard? An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join an IT Solutions company based in Ilkeston Derbyshire.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and versatile individual to join their team as an IT 1st Line Support Apprentice.
Typical daily roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- To Answer the phone to customers and deal with queries that are I.T. or sales related
- Provide technical support to clients with regards to hardware, software and other IT related issues
- Use Remote Access to take control of client machines to check connectivity, re-install hardware drivers etc
- Setting up networks between computers and peripherals
- Maintaining Server hardware and software
- Maintaining workstations’ hardware and software
- Maintaining printers, photo copiers, and many other peripherals
Our client would preferably like a candidate who could drive, however if the candidate is learning or shows a desire to drive, this would also be acceptable.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Some prior Knowledge of IT hardware, software and networks is desired
• Strong communication skills both written & verbal is essential
• A full/clean drivers licence would be desirable
Personal Qualities• Flexible & adaptable – you will work with a whole range of clients with different requirements
• Thick skinned – A client may become irate that there systems are down – it is crucial that you don’t get flustered
• Hardworking and reliable
• Effective problem solver
Future ProspectsOur client is looking to progress hard working apprentices onto a full time role upon completion of the 12-month apprenticeship. They will support suitable candidates onto the level 4 qualification if desired.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)