Job DescriptionAre you interested in working with computer hardware? An opportunity has arisen to work for expert laptop repair specialists in Peterborough as an IT Technical Apprentice.
This position is a great way to start your technical IT career. You may be involved in hardware and software repairs for PC solve customers. The company is growing rapidly, so they are looking for an apprentice to work in a fast paced environment, who wants to learn their technical trade. The aim will be to develop you into a well-rounded IT technician.
You can expect to learn and be involved in tasks such as:
- Complete a variety of repairs in accordance with the employer’s policy on a range of devices from laptops, tablets and phones
- Assess fault / repair hardware
- Clean PC base units & TFT’s when necessary
- Software installation and upgrades
You will gain varied experience and the more competent you become, the more opportunities you will get to develop yourself and become involved in more complex tasks.
Please ensure you are able to travel to location of this role on a daily basis
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12 month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsYou should be computer literate and technical IT experience would be a distinct advantage.
Personal QualitiesA positive attitude and motivation are essential. You should be enthusiastic about working in an IT technical role and be able to demonstrate this to the employer.
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship the company is happy to consider a permanent position and progression to the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)