Job DescriptionBubbleIT is seeking a new IT Support & Retail Technician apprentice at level 3 for their site in Beeston, Nottingham. As an IT apprentice, you will work with their highly skilled and talented delivery team and works towards the level 3 Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals qualification.
As an IT Support & Retail Technician you will report to the IT Manager on your site and will be responsible for working closely with the business, fellow technicians and engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our client SLA’s, operations and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate.
Putting your Customers first, you will provide a 1st/2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also participate in site-wide projects that support changing business and IT requirements. As part of your duties you will also be required to assist in our busy retail store with sales, custom computer builds and repairs.
- Carrying out execution of change management requests as required (which does include out of hours work).
- Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops, telecoms equipment, printers, scanners, thin clients and workstations. Some cabling work will also be required (after training).
- Management of imaging of workstations and laptops.
- Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all BubbleIT polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
- Maximizing availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance, continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Delivering outstanding level of service to your Customer base.
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and BubbleIT standards.
- Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
- Undertaking ad-hoc requests and tasking as and when required.
- Assisting in our retail store with sales, repairs, custom computer builds and retail store stock checks.
- Performing Asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with global standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers for our retail store.
- Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which does include out of hours work).
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Work with the sales team to design, propose, and close new deals/opportunities with customers whilst understanding the business drivers and risks involved.
- Assist/work with the sales team to develop customer presentations, sales tools and demos.
- Work with Product Management team to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of the 12-month apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Saturday 8:00am – 5:30pm 40 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsDesirable requirements Include:
• Enthusiastic / Passionate
• Hard Working
• Problem Solver
Personal QualitiesThe ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Full UK driving licence and access to your own car
• GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English and ICT
• Experience of MS Windows System Support
• Able to communicate technical information to no technical audiences
• Excellent communication skills written and verbally
• A strong sense of customer services
• Methodical problem solving skills
• Team player
• Be self motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Able to prioritise in a complex, fast paced environment
• A willingness to roll your sleeves up and be hands on
• Be able to follow guidelines and instruction
• Excellent understanding of computers (hardware and software)
• Willingness to learn new technology
Future ProspectsGreat opportunity to work in a growing company who are looking at diversifying into more managed IT Services. The successful candidate will have the option to progress onto level 4 if they perform well.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)