Job DescriptionThis is a great opportunity for and IT apprentice to get stuck in and develop the skills that are associated with every department within this hugely successful business. Working along side the installation team will be exposed to Customer Services, hardware, and installations for clients across the country.
• providing desktop hardware and software support in response to incidents allocated from the service desk and maintain regular communication with the user
• updating service desk system in accordance with internal procedures
• providing support to technical teams for problem resolution
• undertaking PC and laptop building i.e. install and configure all correct software
• escalating those incidents where normal procedures have not resolved the problem to senior engineers or 3rd party suppliers in accordance with the internal procedures to agreed service levels
• providing physical asset management in adherence to internal procedures
• maintaining and managing pool equipment
• delivering support for home workers and client site visits where approved by senior IT management
• resolving IT support incidents and service requests within agreed SLA
• changing printer toners * covering other offices as per the IT Service Desk rota
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Talking clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
• Replacing parts as required;
• Providing support, following diagrams and written instructions, to repair a fault or set up a system;
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
• Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
• Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
• Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers;
• Attending Hardware and software fit outs with clients
Skills and experience you will have:
• experience in using Microsoft Office Products
• knowledge of supporting Windows operating systems
• preferably a minimum of 6 months experience working in an IT service desk environment
• basic printer and network troubleshooting
Working WeekThe business operates working hours of 09.00am to 17.30pm Monday to Friday But some flexibility will be required due to the nature of the business.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Knowledge of IT
- • Excellent computer skills
- • Strong written and spoken English
- • Drivers licence (preferred)
- • Analytical
- • Personable
- • Eager to succeed
- • Positive attitude
- • Self-Starter
- • Driven
Future ProspectsThere will be a permanent opportunity for the right person who shows a strong aptitude for the role. This will be discussing in further detail at the interview with the employer.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).