Job DescriptionAre you looking for a career as an IT technician? This role is a fantastic starting point for one lucky individual that loves fixing and providing support to others with their computer problems!
This role would involve working in an Office environment and providing onsite technical support within this sector. This job requires someone willing to work within a team environment where you will be responsible for diagnosing and fixing computer faults.
- Assist the technical team to troubleshoot and resolve issues by performing investigate work on products
- Repairing computer equipment as and when required
- General Office Programmes such MS Word, Excel and Outlook – Office 365
- General maintenance of computers, laptops, printers and networks as and when required/needed.
- Knowledge of server 2008 – 2012, windows 7-10 desktops is required. Willingness to learn or have experience of Apple iMacs and Mac mini, Ipad’s and OSX
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Good customer service skills and communication levels are required
- Willingness to gain experience of Web Server and remote server technologies
- Basic telephone maintenance (replacing handsets/headsets) and infrastructure phone patching
Working WeekMonday – Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Desired Skills• Good customer service skills and communication levels are required
• Willingness to gain experience of Web Server and remote server technologies
• Some PC hardware knowledge is required
• Good communication skills is necessary
Personal QualitiesYou would need to have a positive attitude and be willing to learn and grow within this business, have an outgoing personality and have a real interest in the I.T Sector.
Future ProspectsAn opportunity to work with a fantastic company, the successful Apprentice will have a chance to become a full time employee.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)