Job DescriptionAre you passionate about it? Do you like helping people? Want to get paid for it? Working for St Thomas More will provide you with the perfect place to develop your IT Career. Apply now.
Main duties and responsibilities
To assist in the implementation of the school’s ICT strategy by undertaking the following under the direction of the ICT Technical Coordinator:
a) Maintaining the school computer networks, ensuring network servers are backed up as specified in the school’s ICT policy.
b) Ensuring staff and students have access to internet and intranet sites and set up
c) Carrying out minor repairs to equipment where there is no maintenance contract.
d) Referral of serious technical and support problems to both the ICT Technical Coordinator and appropriate technical/support facility, to ensure the quick resolution of faults.
e) Installation of software and hardware including the updating of drivers and anti-virus software.
f) To set up user accounts for staff and students in accordance with the school’s policies.
g) To adjust and safeguard VDUs and other computer equipment, ensuring health and safety requirements are met as directed.
h) To be responsible for quoting for ICT hardware, software and consumables.
i) Maintenance of the hardware asset register.
j) To be responsible for loaning of equipment to teaching and support staff, ensuring its correct use and that it is returned within agreed timescales.
k) To maintain user and departmental documentation.
2. To ensure the security of the computer room(s) and equipment.
3. To set up equipment for use by teaching staff.
4. To provide ICT support to staff and students via direction from staff and solving day-to-day ICT problems.
5. To be familiar with the requirements of Data Protection legislation and to ensure compliance with it.
6. To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
7. To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Knowledge of Hardware-knowing how to build a computer would be an advantage.
- • Good Customer service skills
- • Trouble shooting
- • Passionate about it
- • Enthusiastic
- • Determined
Future ProspectsProgression to level 4 and full time role available for right candidate
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)