Job DescriptionLooking for a career in IT? Want to work for a well-established, popular and reliable IT Company? This company is looking for an apprentice to join their team who will learn all there is to know about IT and progress through the company.
We are looking for the right individual to join our growing team at Dekko Projects Ltd. We are an IT company based in Milton Keynes looking after SME customers, we are looking for a confident apprentice with a full UK driving licence to help us support our customers in and around MK. Company Car provided.
The role will involve all aspects of IT including:
• First Line Support – changing passwords, setting up email addresses, software issues in Word Excel etc, reloading software, connectivity Issues
• Attending Sites in and around MK to get customers back online (this will be a supported role initially)
• Setting up new equipment in the Workshop such as new PCs, Servers, switches etc
• Data Cabling new or existing customer sites or adding to existing networks.
• Collecting orders from nearby suppliers
The ideal candidate must have good IT skills, a keen attention to detail and be calm and efficient under pressure. Must also be able to work independently and as part of a team, have good verbal and written skills, able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
The ability to respond to enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently. Able to learn & apply
new skills whilst developing existing skills.
The job is ever evolving and we currently have large number of contracts that are being rolled out over the first half of the year including some large Cabling jobs and PC Rollouts. We will give full training to the right person in all aspects of this varied job role. All we ask is a willingness to learn and to work hard.
A vehicle is part of the job package so a full Clean UK Licence must be held.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Understanding of servers and or networking an advantage.
- Good Written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for IT
- Motivated and determined to succeed.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity available for the right person. Progression to level 4 possible.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).