Job DescriptionAre you motivated and driven to learn new skills in IT? If you want to pursue a career in an ever-growing industry, this position could be perfect for you.
As an IT Technician, your role includes: Working closely with and reporting directly to the IT Director, the role will involve assisting with the effective operation of the company’s network, equipment and systems including completing routine maintenance, daily equipment checks, cleaning and monitoring computer equipment, and adhering to the network security processes.
Duties will also include providing support to WCI’s staff and, with permission, their clients staff in the use of Microsoft 365 facilities, providing a Help-Desk function and assisting in the delivery of IT implementation projects as instructed by the Director, in association with each client’s designated contact.
Here’s what we’ll expect from you:
• To be an effective and engaged member of a highly motivated and successful team
• To be interested in and excited by IT technology
• To be a keen learner – interested in acquiring new skills and learning new approaches
• To be a good team player – helping in the running of the organization, e.g. answering the phone, responding to queries, taking messages etc.
• To be a good communicator – willing to speak with, help and inform WCI’s clients
• To be an excellent time-keeper and professional representative of WCI
• To treat WCI and their client’s information with the utmost confidentiality
The day to day tasks and duties of the role include:
• Monitoring and responding to all tickets which are logged via the Helpdesk.
Where needed escalate the tickets for further support from the Director and/or others as agreed
• Acting appropriately and responding quickly to any abuse to the IT infrastructure
• Maintaining client confidentiality and excellent client relationships
• Maintaining client IT devices, both software and hardware as instructed by the IT Director
• Hardware Diagnostics
• Software Troubleshooting/Support
• Server Management
• Network Understanding
• Using an agreed troubleshooting methodology
• Completion of a weekly time sheet to allow for client billing and project control
Working WeekMonday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm 40 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Clear communication skills
- Professional presentation of yourself and the WCI company
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Approachable and friendly
- Professional attitude
- Motivated to learn and develop skills
Future ProspectsPotential Permanent position
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)