Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity has become available to work within an award winning and fast-growing provider of personal alarms for an IT Technician Apprentice, this is a great chance for anyone looking to gain a career in this sector.
As an apprentice IT technician your main duties will be:
• Installing hardware and computer peripherals such as printers and scanners
• Providing first and second line support to employees over the phone and face-to-face
• Sourcing and purchasing of new IT equipment
• Installing new software and setting up new employee’s computers
Perks of working with us:
• An excellent starting salary.
• 28 days annual leave.
• Perkbox membership with discounts at 100s of retailers, supermarkets and outings.
• Regular pre-paid events such as go karting, parties and game nights!
• Further career advancement opportunities for the right candidate (lots of our current employees started as apprentices).
Based in our Taverham office, this job would be ideally suited to an individual who is looking to learn new transferable skills in a friendly and diverse working environment which includes monthly social events and flexible working hours.
Please note that all applications must go through 3aaa for screening, DO NOT contact Lifeline24 directly.
This vacancy may also close early if a suitable applicant is sought prior to the closing date.
Working WeekMonday to Friday Flexible working hours between 8:00am – 6:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Fully computer literate
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- • Experience taking apart PCs – fixing and diagnosing faults – either at home or in the workplace
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Ability to prioritise workloads to meet challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- • Methodical and highly organised approach to work and attention to detail
- • Able to exercise confidentiality and discretion always
- • Friendly and polite
Future ProspectsOn the job training to be given as well as working towards a Level 3 IT with the potential to progress to Level 4 for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)