Job DescriptionAre you someone who can find solutions to tech related issues? Good with hardware/software If yes then come and join this fantastic school.
General Purpose of the Post
To help raise attainment in ICT across the school, by ensuring hardware resources are well maintained and by ensuring that staff, pupils and parents are supported in using ICT to support learning.
You will be working towards being responsible for the following duties with training.
- He/she will be responsible for system wide technical support to curriculum and administrative PCs, laptops, printers and our network installation. In co-operation with teachers
- He/she will support the teaching of ICT by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils and teachers in the ICT suite, in classrooms and in out of hours learning activities.
Specific duties will include:
- Technical Support:
- Resolve basic problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc. in the suite and around school.
- Ensure that a supply of consumable items such as printer cartridges and toners are
maintained and reordered as required.
- Carry out back-ups of our network server at specific intervals.
- Ensure virus protection is kept up to date.
- Maintain the hardware database with new and updated equipment following school policies for audit requirements.
- Installation of new software, and documenting its use on the hardware database.
- Maintaining the school domain, adding and deleting staff and pupils as they join or leave the school. Also email accounts.
- Maintaining the school e-mail, adding and deleting staff and pupils as they join or leave the school.
- Undergo any training linked to the development of ICT and disseminate the training to others.
Support the Pupils by:
- Providing help and guidance to pupils on an individual or group basis within ICT lessons.
- Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the
- Working with staff, parents and pupils to promote safe use of ICT equipment and sites at school and at home.
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with children and parents.
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of all children with special needs.
- Promoting and reinforcing the children’s self esteem.
- Ensure pupils know how to report any cyber bullying or activity which causes concern.
Support the Teachers by:
- Preparing the ICT suite for lessons, as appropriate.
- To support teaching by being aware of the aims of the lesson and working with pupils as
directed by the teacher leading the lesson.
- Work with teachers in the classroom to promote the use of ICT across the curriculum.
- Support the School by:
- Being aware of and following all school policies and procedures, in particular policies related to the use of ICT equipment and sites.
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
- Maintaining the school web site and ensuring that information is accessible and up to date.
- Ensure that all staff, parents and pupils are using the Learning Platform effectively.
- Working with the ICT coordinator to develop the use of the Learning Platform.
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post.
- Work with the ICT coordinator to prepare an action plan linked to required investment to ensure that ICT equipment meets the needs of the curriculum.
- Obtain quotes, which represent best value, for new ICT equipment/ repairs etc.
- Running workshops, training events, family learning and clubs to promote the use of ICT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsExcellent written and oral skills.
Proven team player.
Excellent communication skills.
Personal QualitiesAbility to relate to people at all levels.
Caring and understanding.
Energy, enthusiasm and perseverance.
Reliability and integrity.
Sense of humour.
Ability to work to deadlines.
Future ProspectsOpportunity to progress onto level 4 and then a potential full time permanent position for successful applicant
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)