Job DescriptionPassionate about IT? Want to learn about maintaining servers and troubleshooting IT issues? Kick start your career with this IT technician apprenticeship.
This exciting and varied role will have you developing your skills in IT networking. You will provide preventative and reactive maintenance for hardware and software.
You will learn how to
• Install new hardware and software in accordance with business requirements
• Routine maintenance of installed equipment.
• Respond to user requests for IT assistance at hardware and software levels.
• Develop a detailed understanding of network principles and practices
• Develop a detailed understanding Lans and Wans.
• Research and install new systems for clients at head office and branch office.
• Ensure smooth running of IT systems at client sites including Antivirus, Spam, print services and email provision.
• Ensure licensing laws are adhered to.
• Maintaining effective working relationships between the IT department and client.
• Maintaining correct network schematics and other essential IT records such as hardware/software inventories and audits, back up logs, security logs, maintenance records, password details etc.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Knowledge of operating systems
• Good understanding of infrastructure components
• A highly professional adaptable & reliable individual capable of remaining calm, logical & focused.
• A self-motivated and pro-active individual able to show innovation, flexibility and alternative thinking.
• The ability to keep up to date with all technology advances
Personal Qualities• Passionate about networking
• Ability to learn and take on new skills
• Approachable, presentable, and able to build relationships. Candidate must deliver an immediate and constant impression of first class service.
• A confident individual who is able to communicate with people at all levels of the business via all communication mediums.
• A hard-working team player, capable of working under pressure without compromising the standard of their work.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity to progression to Level 4
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)