Job DescriptionAre you interested in kick-starting your career within IT, getting hands on with technology and PC hardware? Keen on working for a leading supplier to the Construction Industry? If so, then here is the perfect opportunity for you!
Mick George is a leading supplier with the construction industry. The phenomenal growth year on year is creating opportunities for internal candidates and for new talent joining our business – this truly is an exciting place to be!
We embrace new technologies to work smarter and we invest in the professional development of our people and the approach adopted throughout the business is to encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations.
Due to continued business expansion we are now seeking 2 enthusiastic and committed Technicians to join our busy IT Operations department based at our head office in Huntingdon.
Role includes but not limited:
• Assisting with helpdesk and telephone support
• Dealing with frontline support by talking staff through a series of actions
• Dealing with the logging of photocopier / printer problems and escalating as appropriate
• Assisting the team with software updates
• Rollout new equipment to departments
• Supporting the IT Operations Manager with the configuration and installation of new computer hardware and software
• Supporting the IT Operations Manager with server administration
• Assisting with IT Stock control, inventories and general house keeping
• Assisting with general IT and Telecoms moves and patching
• General customer support
• General administration relating to operational contracts
• Site utility contracts
• Item procurement
• General other duties
Do not contact the employer directly as this will result in your application being rejected, all applications must go through 3aaa.
Full training will be delivered as required and please note that if a suitable candidate is found the vacancy may close early.
Working WeekMonday – Friday • Shifts range from 7am – 4pm or 8am to 5pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- - Exceptional computer literary level
- - Excellent general software skills
- - Numerate
- - Excellent attention to detail
- - Good communicator both vernally and via email
- - Industry Knowledge is desirable but not necessary
Future ProspectsProgression available to the right candidates – both within the company and also onto a level 4 diploma.
• Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Cambridge for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training.
• The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.
• You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard – Infrastructure Technician.
The qualification consists of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
• Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)