Job Description*START YOUR IT APPRENTICESHIPS* This company are looking to recruit a Technical Support Apprentice to gain hands on experience in their organisation. Opportunities for promotion and progression. Interested? Want to take control of your career? Apply now! Get an IT qualification and get ahead.
The right candidate will have an organised approach to work and will be able to juggle working on a number of different projects simultaneously. A confident and friendly phone manner will be essential as a large part of the role will be fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls.
Wi-Fi Support (the team you would be placed):
– On the phone troubleshooting with customers devices
– Following set process to bring issues to resolution.
– Remotely logging into Wi-Fi systems at hotels. Access Points, Switches, Database pages.
– Dealing with customers enquiries. Logging on and usage issues, payment issues and general technical configuration issues with end user devices.
IMT Support (Supporting this team when required):
– On the phone, remoting into end users desktops, servers or software.
– Researching issues online and bringing issues to resolution.
– Remoting into clients back end systems. Office 365, Active Directory, Local Exchange, Draytek Routers.
– Supporting bespoke software.
– Dealing with all customer faults with their machines ranging from simple slowness issues to ransomware attacks.
Working WeekMonday- Friday 9am – 5pm 1hour for lunch
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Committed to excellent client service
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organisation and administration skills
- Ability to be able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative
- Interest to learn new skills
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Calm and professional disposition
- Great communication skills – confident in answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries.
- Excellent time keeping
Future ProspectsIf candidate is successful there is the possibility to progress onto Level 4 IT Apprenticeship
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).