Job DescriptionAre you passionate about IT and looking for an opportunity to show case your current talent in this field whilst learning new ones? Do you enjoy helping friends/family with IT issues and reading up on the latest technology? Are you looking to kick start your IT career where training and career progression is available? If so please get in touch!
The IT department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
The position The IT/Technology Support Apprentice will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Department. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Desktop operating systems, performing basic server tasks and Monitoring the IT infrastructure plus general maintenance of all IT related hardware/software. Full training will be given.
Main duties will include:
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Providing desktop and minor server support
- Supporting and maintaining desktops and laptops
- Setting up and configuring new desktops and laptops
- Installing authorised software to desktops and laptops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault finding to desktops and laptops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on desktops, laptops, servers and hardware
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT manager
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external customers in support of the First Choice mission statement Special requirements
Working WeekThe hours will be rotational on a weekly basis and will be Monday – Friday. 8.00 am – 4.30 pm one week, then 8.30 am – 5.00 pm and then 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. 38 hours per week.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer service, computer literate, basic IT skills
Personal QualitiesHardworking, excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills. Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to prioritise work under pressure and meet deadlines, patient and methodical approach. The ability to work alone or as part of a team
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and become a permanent member of the team
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)