Job DescriptionProviding the first point of contact for our clients requiring support with their IT provision, the Junior Helpdesk/Field Engineer will be trained to deal with a myriad of issues from setting up new users or hardware to diagnosing and solving complex IT issues.
There are many dimensions to this role, but it is fundamental that the role holder is customer focussed, IT savvy, proactive and a natural problem solver.
Key Performance Indicators;
• Timely and organised approach to dealing with the tickets raised, either to as-sign, review and escalate to second line within agreed timescales
• Full and comprehensive completion of the ticketing system, ensuring all perti-nent information is logged at all stages, and tickets are closed in a timely fash-ion
• Excellent communication with all stakeholders
• Working independently to resolve issues and development of own personal skills to solve more complex issues as they arrive
Accountabilities include, but are not restricted to;
• Incident and ticket management/resolution
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Desktop and Servers)
• Managing domain controllers, active directory and Office 365
• Remote access
• Troubleshooting of basic network issues.
• Domain name and Office 365 setups.
• Configuring and managing routers/firewalls.
• Configuring and managing Windows servers (AD/DC).
• Domain DNS management (NS, MX)
• On-premise SBS and Exchange servers.
• Microsoft Azure Server setups and management.
• Retrospect Backup software and tape library management.
• Windows and online backup management.
• DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT setups and troubleshooting.
• Hosted VOIP.
• Installing and configuring Sage and ACT.
• Outlook – PST exports and imports.
• Email migration (backend + Outlook)
• Apple MAC desktop
• Apple Mac server
All other ad hoc requirements of the role which arise from time to time. On occa-sion site visits may be a requirement of the role.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Troubleshooting of basic network issues
- • Computer literate
- • Some experience in a related role/field
- • Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Desktop and Servers).
- • Experience in remote access/management tools such as RDP, LogMeIn, TeamViewer, Nable, Autotask.
- • Troubleshooting of basic network issues.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- • Excellent organisational skills.
- • Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- • Ability to work independently and as part of a small, and wider team.
- • A quick learner/researcher.
- • Experience of any of the Key Accountabilities detailed above is desirable and the expectation is that each member of the Helpdesk will strive to ensure their knowledge of all of the above is up to date and being built upon continually.
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate or progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)