Job DescriptionAs one of the areas leading lighting application design companies, Kingfisher lighting has recognised a need to grow talent to meet the expectations of their ever increasing client portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful design team and develop skills in CAD design and project management.
As a lighting design apprentice, you will work closely with the design team to develop numerous skills. As well as being office based, over time, you will have an opportunity to assist in site surveys, client presentations etc.
Typical duties/ development associated with the role include
Producing lighting designs
Using CAD to draw up the designs
Use specialist lights programmes
Completing lighting surveys
Proving customers with advice
This role is ideal for a candidate that has IT skills and is keen to become proficient in CAD design and associated client support processes.
Working WeekMonday - Thursday 8.30am 5pm Friday 8.30am - 4pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Basic understanding of 2d CAD an advantage
- Full Microsoft package abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
Future ProspectsFull permanent prospects.
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)