Job DescriptionLichfield Safe Centre are looking for someone to carry out administration duties along with learning all about logistics and supporting in this field to. If you are looking for a friendly and supportive team with the opportunity to learn and get involved in all aspects of business please get in touch with 3aaa Tamworth today!
Our client are looking for an apprentice who is keen to learn and get involved. Working with the Logistics Manager and the office administration, the main duties will include:
• Checking in goods on the computer system
• Talking with suppliers over the telephone to obtain dates of delivery for the goods
• Allocating a driver to deliver the goods and entering this information on the computer
• Stores administration including stock take, updating stock on the computer, etc
• Ordering goods from suppliers via telephone and email
• Contacting suppliers via telephone and email with any queries relating to the goods
• Planning routes for drivers
• General office duties such as answering the telephone, entering details on the computer, printing off reports, etc
• When required delivering goods to local customers – full driving licence required
Ideally you will need to commit to start driving lessons within the next 6 months to assist with deliveries. Full support will be given in all aspects of the role.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 40 hours per week between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm plus every 3 Saturdays for 3 hours.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Excellent telephone manner
- Customer service skills
- Basic administration skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and motivated
- Eager to learn and get involved