Job DescriptionShining Stars Nursery has an exciting opportunity for an Administration and Marketing Apprentice at our nursery in Normanton, Derby. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to start their career in Administration and Marketing.
- To work as part of a team to support the marketing and administration systems of the nursery.
- To be a positive role model and to represent the nursery in a positive way through our social media and out in the local community.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of the children.
- Maintain and keep up to date the nursery website.
- Maintain and keep up to date the nursery Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Marketing the nursery to include leafleting and engaging with the local community and participating in our marketing events.
- Dealing with queries on the phone, by email and social media and direct queries as appropriate.
- Act as communication relay, making sure all parties receive necessary information and that this information is accurate.
- Greeting and signing in visitors in reception.
- Ordering supplies.
- To assist in the cleaning of the nursery as laid out in the staff task rota.
- To participate in the nursery’s food hygiene training and assist in the preparation of the children’s snack.
- Support the childcare staff with their admin duties, completing reports and forms, printing, photocopying, filing, making resources, updating computer records using word processing, spreadsheet and database IT packages.
- To commit to safeguard and promote the welfare of the children and undergo a programme of safeguarding training, reporting any concerns you may have regarding a child’s welfare to a senior member of staff.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To read, understand and adhere to all risk assessments relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To attend the weekly staff/planning meeting and inset days outside nursery hours to take the minutes of these meetings.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards always, both in work hours and outside.
- To keep confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is learned as part of the job.
- To commit to carrying out a level 2 or 3 business admin, marketing or other full and relevant depending upon current knowledge, skills and abilities and also a two-day paediatric 1st aid course. To commit to attending the required training and completing the course work as laid out by the training provider.
Other Duties: The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties will not, however, substantially change the general character of the post.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsSomeone with prior knowledge and experience with Marketing and Media is desirable, strong IT and English skills are also required.
Personal QualitiesWe are looking for individuals who have the following qualities:
• Being passionate about your work and being committed to supporting the development of the business.
• Being motivated to always strive for the best for the nursery and your own professional development.
• Being a dedicated team player who can contribute to the allocation of tasks, solving problems and works with the rest of the team to create positive outcomes.
• Being able to plan, organise and prioritise your workload.
• Having excellent time keeping and attendance records.
• Being a professional, approachable and friendly team member.
• Being a good communicator with excellent listening skills.
• Being willing to demonstrate a commitment to the values and behaviours which are laid out in the nursery’s aims and vision.
The nursery is committed to safeguarding children and will confirm all references and past employment history to ensure the highest level of safety for the children. This post requires you to undergo and enhanced DBS check.
Future ProspectsFuture opportunities are available upon reflection of their Level 3.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in Derby for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.