Job DescriptionThe administration and marketing assistant’s role has been created to support the smooth running of the internal and external communications within the college. It is a key role in supporting the Principal and her work. Some marketing activities may be taken on by an external agency during this time.
Responsible to: The Principal
This is a full time position in Liverpool Theatre School and College. Working hours are generally between 9-5 with a 30 hour week. There will be some unsociable hours on weekends and evenings when there are events and performances taking place. All overtime will be reimbursed with time off in lieu. Rate of pay £5.00 per hour
The administration and marketing assistant’s role has been created to support the smooth running of the internal and external communications within the college. It is a key role in supporting the Principal and her work. Some marketing activities may be taken on by an external agency during this time. The post holder will have a good knowledge of computer programmes including word and excel and be current with social media marketing.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the SMT and any outside agencies to develop a long term and viable marketing strategy for the college
- Work to the SMT in the organisation and support of performances and outreach activities
- Co-ordinate outreach and education activities of the college
- Support any external PR agencies in promoting the college
- Collate and manage the college mailing lists
- Update social media sites as required
- Be aware of social media trends and inform when required
- Update the web site as and when required
- Collate and analyse college statistics for annual review purposes
- Maintain and update professional knowledge and skills
- Attend and minute meetings as required
- Additional activities to support the college as required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm 30 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsWilling to learn
Able to work with minimal supervision
Strong communication skills
Organised with the ability to prioritise time sensitive tasks
Creative and flexible
Above all – a keenness to learn and develop
Future ProspectsUpon completion of the apprenticeship you may be offered a full time position.
• Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)