Job DescriptionWorking within a friendly team you will be a pivotal team member in supporting the Marketing and Administrative functions of the business, reporting directly to the Marketing Co-ordinator. It would be great if you have an interest and understanding of earth sciences and the natural environment.
Marketing assistant and Administration apprentice;
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Support Marketing Co-ordinator to deliver the company marketing strategy.
• Help maintain social media accounts, including researching relevant news to be shared.
• Website administration.
• Assist in creating promotional materials.
• Assist with the organisation of events, exhibitions and conferences.
• Maintain database contact lists.
• Research competitor activities.
• Help maintain excellent client relationships through superior customer service skills.
• Undertaking a wide range of clerical tasks including data entry, administering postage, photocopying and filing.
• Answer telephone and direct calls as appropriate.
• Ensuring that the office is kept tidy and well organised.
• To arrange any hospitality requirements and meeting room facilities as and when directed.
• To carry out other duties which may be required from time to time to support business operation.
Working WeekMonday – Friday - Hours TBC
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents). A Levels would be desirable but not essential.
- • Ability to learn quickly about the business and commitment to Continuing Personal and Professional Development.
- • Excellent organisational skills with an ability to undertake a wide range of administrative tasks including word processing and filing.
- • Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- • Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- • Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- • Ability to design and process a wide range of documents in accordance with instruction and house style, paying attention to detail.
- • Practical experience of working in a busy office environment.
- • Experience of a customer facing role whether in person or on the telephone.
- • A confident, mature, professional, friendly manner.
- • Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to manage own time effectively.
Future ProspectsFuture opportunities are available to those who prove themselves a worthy member of the team.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.