Job DescriptionAre you looking to kick start your career with an exciting & varied position?You will be working in a busy school environment within a dedicated & established team.You will be undertaking marketing duties such as social media updates, creating graphics & basic website updates.
Stratford-Upon-Avon school are currently looking for a Digital Marketing apprentice with great initial skills and experience to join their growing team. The School have a number of departments to support its operation such as Marketing, Finance, HR, Careers, Administration, Exams and Facilities.
They are now looking for an apprentice to join their marketing team as well as cover other administration areas to give a full understanding of a business to a young individual. The day to day tasks will include:
- To create graphics and marketing literature including the prospectus, adverts and internal documents.
- To ensure the school’s branding is used properly throughout the school.
- To handle a proportion of Social media publicity and updates, mainly using the school’s Twitter
- Maintenance of the school’s website, ensuring accurate information and good graphic content.
- Photography of school events to support social media, website, marketing literature and displays.
- To create marketing videos and presentations.
- General administrative duties to support Marketing and Administration departments
- To support the Reception Team; interfacing with visitors and dealing with incoming calls and deliveries
All training and support will be given to the successful candidate throughout the apprenticeship. The successful candidate will be working directly with the Marketing & Development Manager.
Working WeekMonday-Friday 8.30-4.45 Mon- Thur, 8.30-4.15 Fri (with 45 minute unpaid break,3 days Marketing/ 2 days Admin Office 37 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsThe successful candidate will need the following skills:
• To be computer literate
• To be mature and confident
• To have attention to detail
• To be able to work as part of a team or individually
• To have knowledge and experience with Microsoft office packages, including word, excel and PowerPoint.
• Be willing to work with flexibility
• To have an understanding of image, style and branding and a flair for creativity
• Confident and professional customer-facing skills and telephone manner
Personal QualitiesThe successful candidate will need the following personal qualities:
• To have a positive attitude when it comes to work
• To be punctual and organised
• To be well mannered and pleasant
• Ability to use initiative, self-motivated and pro-active
• Ability to relate to students, staff and the community
• To listen and take on advice / open to constructive feedback
• To have an enthusiastic and can-do attitude to work and personal development
Future ProspectsPotential full time employment for the right candidate.
• Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)