Job DescriptionYou’ll be challenged with designing and developing basic WordPress CMS websites for our clients.
You’ll be challenged with designing and developing WordPress CMS websites for both Spark Agency and its ever growing client base. This involves designing websites based off of WordPress themes to clients specific requirements such as following their companies brand guidelines. It’s important we develop websites quickly, but most of all without a compromise in quality.
We’re design obsessed. We love producing beautiful websites that just work. Our web developer must have a good eye for design.
As our web developer, you’ll not only be developing the websites but you’ll be working closely with the SEO executives and marketing director to ensure the websites we create not only look great, but generate results.
As WordPress is our CMS preference, a good understanding of how WordPress works is essential along with basic HTML & CSS skills.
• Design & Develop WordPress websites using pre-made themes.
• Maintaining websites ensuring plugins & software are up to date.
• Fixing broken websites using basic HTML & CSS.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- A good understanding of WordPress and how it works.
- As a design obsessed agency, a good eye for design & trends is a must.
- The ability to manage your workload & work as a team to reach client deadlines.
- Personable and Friendly.
- Motivated and Self Driven.
- Passionate and Enthusiastic.
Future ProspectsFuture opportunities are available to those who prove themselves a worthy member of the team.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.