Job DescriptionIcomera are looking for a Network Engineer Apprentice to focus on delivering projects, particularly in the rail sector, to a high standard, utilising Icomera’s products and solutions.
This is a project-based role, where your responsibilities will be to take the concept solution and proposal, detailed from the Sales team, and drive the technical part of the project. This role is hands on and you will be expected to get down to the details and be prepared to complete different tasks that are required with mentoring support.
Main responsibilities will include: (please note full training will be given)
• Refine and document customer requirements
• Creating Customer facing Solution overviews
• Refine and accurately document the system architecture design that will be implemented
• Produce base system configuration files and document procedures to roll these out on a larger scale
• Do acceptance tests
• Handover finalised projects to Technical Support staff and maintenance department
• Ensuring Icomera supplied components are correctly stated ensuring supply chain and stock management processes are followed
• Participate in First of Class Installations
• Make changes/modifications to fit installations
• Working closely with the Sales Engineering team
• Be part of a project from start to finish
• Reviewing installation designs
Benefits of working for us
• An excellent team-focused working environment
• An opportunity to be a part of a truly innovative and fast growing market
• A chance to make your mark on the future of technology for transport
• An extremely flexible, fun and varied schedule
• 25 days annual holiday per calendar year
• £200 annual Gym membership contributions
Working WeekMonday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Ability to prioritise in a fast paced environment and adapting to meet the goals of the business
- Able to travel within UK and rest of Europe when required and ability to work unsocial hours when required
- Strong team player with good work ethics
- excellent interpersonal
- Good communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter
Future ProspectsA possible full time opportunity on completion of apprenticeship
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).