Job DescriptionAre you looking for an apprenticeship that will reward your hard work and efforts? Do you like to be busy and hit the ground running with lots to do every day? Are you looking for an apprenticeship with progression and opportunity? If the answer is yes, please read on!
Working in the administration office the main duties will include:
- Assisting the office manager with a range of admin duties
- Account including purchase invoices, raising purchase orders, matching purchase invoices and orders, some sales ledger
- Logging all details on the computer system
- Ordering stock and producing purchase orders
- Setting up new office administration systems and spreadsheets
- Updating the database and computer system
- Ordering stationary
- Obtaining quotes and maintaining the pricing system
- Inputting ideas in the team meeting to improve on current processes
- Answering the telephone and dealing with customers, engineers, suppliers and internal staff
The role would suit a confident person who is able to liaise confidently with people of all levels. You need to be organised, methodical and able to work as part of a busy team using your own initiative. The ideal apprentice will also be happy to go the extra mile, be highly computer literate and have basic office admin skills.
Working Week35 hours per week – 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday – Friday with one hour lunch.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer service, telephone answering, computer literate
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude, methodical, able to use own initiative, happy to contribute ideas and motivated.
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and become a permanent member of the team
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)