Job DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity working for an independent pharmacy in the health care sector. This opportunity is committed to helping people continue to live full, independent lives, either in their own homes or in residential care.
• Assembling and labelling medicines with the full description of contents etc as laid down in the SOP s. Filing prescriptions accurately in accordance with laid down procedures and legal requirements.
• prescription Management, following the SOPs as required by the GPHC.
• Maintaining accurate and legal patient records on the dispensary PMR system.
• Answering general telephone enquiries from surgeries, patients and suppliers.
• Maintaining and building up relationships with the practice nurses, managers and doctors
• Selling to and advising customers on general medicinal products and complimentary preparations; knowing when to make a referral to a pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
• Ordering and replenishing dispensary stock (including bottles, boxes, spoons, syringes etc), checking and accepting deliveries and updating stock control system. Stocking shelves, stock date checking, special ordering, ordering repeat prescriptions and assigning new patients onto the scheme, chasing outstanding Pre-Prescriptions from Surgeries
• Making sure the items in the fridge are monitored and recording the temperature as per the set guidelines.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9am – 5pm with an half an hour lunch break.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • You will need to be confident, good customer skills, ability to communicate over the phone
- • Good English and Maths skills
- • High attention to detail and accuracy
- • Must be able use own initiative
- • Good organisational and time management skills
- • Polite
- • Professional
- • Professional
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate/ progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner.
• Level 1 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).
Training and Assessment:
• You will be invited to full-day workshops within your local academy to enrich your learning experience. Some of these will include:
Business knowledge & understanding
Delivering against your targets
Customer journey knowledge
Business systems and resources
Providing a positive customer experience
Personal development plan
• You will also benefit from the following during your apprenticeship:
X1 CPD workshop
X1 End-point assessment preparation workshop
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.