Job DescriptionAs part of this challenging and varied role, the Infrastructure technician apprentice will provide first class customer service to both internal and external contacts, crossing all functions of the Technical Services department.
|If you think you have what it takes to constantly stretch to reach more challenging goals and want to be involved in ambitious growth plans then we are the place you have been looking for.|
This role is to provide onsite 1st line support to one of our Managed Service Clients. You will own 1st line issues to resolution whilst being onsite Smart hands for level 2 and problems as required.
Your main duties as part of this apprenticeship will be to provide first class customer service to all customers as well as undertaking the following duties:
· Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of IT problems
· Speaking with internal members of staff
· Liaising with 3rd party supplier
· Making sure the relevant documentation is completed to a high standard
· Call escalation to senior colleagues for more challenging issues
· Dealing with clients and recording details
· Logging calls
· Helpdesk / Technical Support
You will also be required to assist in relevant Hardware and Software Builds to customer specifications. You will be shown and assisted by senior support technicians in the correct practices.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Exemplary Communication Skills
• Proactive and responsive nature
• Desire to deliver first class customer service
• Awareness of Systems and Networking architectures
• Willing to follow, improve and devise processes and procedures
• Awareness of Health and Safety in the Work Place
Strong interest in IT
Future ProspectsProgression on to Level 4, resulting in permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)