Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for technology and a supportive approach towards customers? If so Hewlett-Packard, Manpower have more opportunities to join the IT Service Desk Agents team on site at Peterlee in Durham and want to hear from you today!
|This is an opportunity to become a member of a helpful team of IT Service Desk Agents providing an exceptional service and support to customers on behalf of Hewlett-Packard, Manpower.
As the successful apprentice, you will be required to:
· deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone and e-mail.
· Offer advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and ensuring desk standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
· Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
· Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables.
· To improve users confidence in the use of computer software, being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
· Provide information in line with knowledge base to assist the second line support team when contacts are unreasonable.
· You will manage tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs.
· Work within defined deadlines as part of a team and on an individual basis ensuring assigned work is effectively managed.
· Adherence of all Hewlett-Packard, Manpower policies and procedures in the employee handbook and other site-specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: absence reporting and dignity at work.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Computer Literate both hardware and software
• Logical with a problem solving mindset
• Excellent Verbal Communication Skills including confident and clear telephone user
• Well organised with ability to prioritise multiple tasks
Personal Qualities• Adaptable to change
• Willingness to learn new things
• Team player
• Positive Attitude
Future ProspectsAfter the Apprentice has completed their programme of study, they will be given the opportunity to continue as a full-time member of staff if there is a vacancy in the same company and continue to work towards level 4 qualifications if desired.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)