Job DescriptionBrilliant opportunity to become a member of a team of Service Desk Agents providing a customer sensitive, responsive support, fault resolution and advice service, which ensures the maximum availability, performance and utilisation of information systems for customers on behalf of our client.
• To deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone and e-mail.
• Offering advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and ensuring desk standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards.
• Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and / or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner.
• Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables.
• To improve users confidence in the use of computer software, being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs.
• Provide information in line with knowledge base to assist the second line support team when contacts are unreasonable.
• You will manage tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs.
• Work within defined deadlines as part of a team and on an individual basis ensuring assigned work is effectively managed.
• Adherence of all Manpower policies and procedures in the employee handbook and other site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: absence reporting and dignity at work.
• Adherence of all DXC policies and procedures which are relevant to contingent workers such as security training and site health & safety.
Any other relevant/related tasks as required by the needs of the business.
Working Week40 hrs per week - Various shift patterns
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Excellent Customer Service Skills
- • Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- • Computer Literate
- • Excellent Verbal Communication Skills
- • Self-Motivated
- • Positive Attitude
- • Enthusiastic
- • Flexible
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)