Job DescriptionDo you want to work for one of the biggest vehicle hire companies in the country? Fantastic opportunity to join a busy IT Department as an IT Service Desk Apprentice. Don’t delay Apply today!
|· Responsible for resolving user support issues and the completion of requests to the service desk.|
· Provide support to junior Service Desk, IT Operations and Infrastructure personnel.
· Customer focused role with regular communication to a wide IT audience both internal and external.
· Excellent customer service skills desired.
· High level of customer service across telephone support, email communication and in person.
· Basic knowledge and interest in IT required.
· 35 hours a week. Working hours between 07:30 and 18:00 Monday to Friday and occasional weekend work
from 08:00 to 16:00. Some travel and overnight stay may be required, overtime and time or time in lieu will
· Responsible for resolution and management of Incidents or Requests made via the IT Service Desk. This is
done by calls, emails, walk-in visits and site visits.
· Provide a single point of contact for vendors and suppliers in relation to Incidents and Requests.
· Establish and maintain familiarity with in-house systems and IT infrastructure.
· Escalate incidents where necessary, acting as central point of contact between support teams.
· Participate in team projects that enhance quality and efficiency of IT Support. As well as having availability
for ad-hoc site visits which may include overnight stays.
· Provide administration tasks relating to Incidents and Requests including Active Directory and Exchange
· Adhere to process and correctly utilise Service Management tool sets
· Build, and manage the provision of Desktop and Laptop PC’s to the business.
· Maintenance and administration of other hardware such as phones, workshop terminals and tablets.
· Assist with other parts of the IT department, learning new skill sets and assisting with some tasks.
Working Week35 hours a week between 07.30 and 18.00 Monday to Friday and occasional weekend work from 08.00 to 16.00
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills· Excellent Communication skills and telephone
· Excellent customer service orientation
· Numeracy, literacy and spreadsheet skills
· Strong team player
· Flexible and willing to learn
· Ability to organise and prioritise tasks
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Previous telephone support
· Understanding of technology
Personal QualitiesPositive Attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent Opportunity for the right candidate with progression on to Level 4.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)