Job DescriptionService Desk Support Analyst to provide support to the Technical Support Manager for dealing with customer incidents and diagnosing software application issues. The role would suit a candidate with excellent communication skills who has been used to providing user support and answering a wide range of queries relating to software applications.
Provide a high level of customer service to our customers.
Learn our applications and services to provide technical support.
Operate our Service Desk portal for incident management and customer communications.
Work to predefined procedures and respond to customer within agreed SLAs.
Liaise with developers and other company members to highlight and resolve issues within the applications.
Assist team in maintaining a knowledge base detailing resolutions for common issues and requests.
Work a shift pattern that will include weekends and evening/night shifts for 24/7 coverage.
Working Week9am – 5.30pm until the Apprentice is ready to transfer to service desk shift pattern 40 hours a week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Keen interest in Information Technology.
- • Proactive approach to customer service and self-motivated.
- • Good administrative skills.
- • Strong communication skills.
- • Previous experience within an IT helpdesk role or working to agreed SLAs.
- • Previous Application Support experience.
- • Good knowledge of Windows, Linux or Mac OS troubleshooting.
- • Open to development of personal IT skill set via training.
Future ProspectsTo progress on to level 4
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)