Job DescriptionYou will carry out daily activities focused on customer support and core/hosted solution management, including the timely recognition and resolution of all incidents, problems, changes and request.
Day to day management of communications with customers, whilst ensuring that incidents, problems, changes, escalations and requests are serviced in line with set SLAs. To cover these daily tasks:
• Inbound support telephone calls
• Inbound support email/auto ticketing
• Ticketing SLA management
• Ticket progression and resolution management
• Ticket and issue technical escalation
• Ticket and issue Escalation to management
• Managing monitoring screens & alerts systems
• Performing moves, adds and changes to managed systems via CloudCentre (in house management software)
• Customer Web Hosting Architecture support (Linux, CPanel, WHM, WHMCS, Plesk, DNS and Dotnet systems)
• Customer/Partner Microsoft Office Apps Hosted Architecture support (Skype for Business, SharePoint, Exchange, Dynamics and O365 systems)
• Customer/Partner SIP support (SIP calling and PSTN calling mechanisms via carrier)
Working Week40 hours per week (Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30 (30 min lunch break)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Excellent Technical Awareness regarding Converged Technologies
- Ability to guide and instruct customers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and organise priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with a continually changing environment
- Proactive and essentially a customer focussed approach
- Mature attitude towards the workplace
- Eagerness to learn
Future ProspectsPotentially a full time position for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)