Job DescriptionW11 Ltd are looking for an ambitious person who has the drive and energy to progress in this small family run ecommerce business. The candidate will be working on all aspects of website & media content creation such as content creation, video marketing, product write ups, product photography as well as video creation for promoting on Youtube.
The role of Social & Digital Media Apprentice is a role which is varied and no 2 days will be the same. You will be positioned in the heart of the business. The candidate initially will be expected to work in various departments such as sales, customer service, order packing in order to get a feel for the business and how it works.
Once the candidate has a good general understanding they will be working with the marketing director in order to improve the company’s visibility online. This will be achieved through various means such as managing the company’s social media profile on Facebook, twitter and using various tools within google such as google analytics and google pp in order to optimise marketing strategies.
You will also be responsible for creating content by writing articles for the website as well as maintain and updating the company’s blog. You will also be responsible for creating product descriptions and optimising them for SEO in order to get better positions within Google.
As well as this the candidate, should be able to bring fresh ideas and energy into the role by being creative through video and photography marketing.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good knowledge of computers
• Knowledge in digital marketing is an advantage
• Knowledge of the photoshop suite of programs is a considerable advantage
• Interest in photography and videography
Personal Qualities• Ability to talk confidently on the phone as well as present work to a small group
• Interest in social media and digital marketing
• Motivated to learn
Future ProspectsThe right candidate can expect a progressive career within the company with more training opportunities as well as positions of responsibility where success in the role will be rewarded.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in Peterborough for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.