Job DescriptionSoftware Development Apprentice to work with a leading application development organisation who have been established for over 40 years. The role will be developing Software Application packages and migrating existing software applications into a Cloud based solution, as well as assisting customers in IT Support.
Software Development apprentice required to work a leading developer of application-based software packages and also develop Cloud software solutions.
The role will be to develop specific programs for accountancy, portfolio management and advertising agencies in addition to offering basic IT Support for client hardware issues.
The role would suit an apprentice who is looking to take their first steps into software/application development with the client offering comprehensive on the job training in addition to an excellent support environment.
Company are based in a prime location in Bushey with an excellent work environment and offer excellent career progression prospects for apprentices who demonstrate a strong desire to learn.
• Develop software applications using both VB6.Net and Microsoft Azure
• Providing basic IT Support for Desktop, Networking and Software issues
• Talking to the customer and managing support call, escalating where necessary
• Be responsible for answering phones, logging calls and providing updates to users
• Logging calls into helpdesk software as appropriate
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:15am – 5:15pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Strong aptitude for learning
- • Able to work under own initiative
- • Good communications skills
- • Adaptable
- • Self-motivated
- • Takes responsibility for own self development
Future ProspectsInto full time employment and possible progression to Level 4.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).