Job DescriptionAre you looking for that perfect opportunity to kick-start your IT career? Do you want to work for a global leader in two-way communication solutions? If so, then Sepura has the apprenticeship that you have been looking for! Apply Now!
|Sepura is a global leader in two-way communication solutions covering radio termninals, systes and applications. They are currently n the lookout for a Software Engineering apprentice to join their Software Development Team.|
This is a great opportunity for one lucky applicant to have the chance to work with each of the Sepura Software teams gaining an insight to the software development life cycle from customer requirement analysis to code implementation.
The successful applicant will undertake the following duties:
– Attempt to reproduce and characterise reported faults
– Execute test cases using in-house test tools, analyse the results and create defect reports for any bugs found
– Manually test new features and bug – fixes
– Create and enhance automated test code
– Investigate, root cause and fix reported software defects
– Design and implement new software features
– Create and maintain documentation relevant to software development.
The main software languages used are C, C#, and various scripting langages for both windows and Linux development environments.
The ideal applicant will have the ability to work well within a team, possess excellent communication skills and is passionate about software development.
If you are keen in this role then hit that apply button now!
Working Week37 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8 Hours Monday to Thursday: core hours 9:30am-4pm 5 hours Friday 9:30am – 12:30pm 30 mins lunch flexible timing Mon-Thurs
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIT Literate
Knowledge of MS Office – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Excellent communication skills
Understanding of how coding works and some basic knowledge of some coding languages
Personal QualitiesShows a desire to learn about Software and Programming
Hard working attitude
Willingness to learn
Future ProspectsThere is the chance to gain a permanent position within the business upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship. There is also the chance that you can progress on to a Level 4
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)